Ontario’s population is rapidly growing and aging which is greatly impacting our health care system. It is estimated that in 10 years Ontario’s total population will grow by an additional 1.9 M people. In recent years, overcrowding has been a common issue with many Ontario hospitals regularly operating at over 100% capacity. Ending hallway medicine is a top priority for Ontario’s government. One approach the government is taking to end hallway medicine is introducing Ontario Health Teams (OHT) that will offer connected and sustainable health care that is centered around the needs of patients. OHTs will provide integrated care by making patient transitions between health care and service providers easier by maintaining one patient record and care plan per patient. Led by Dr. Robert Reid (Hazel McCallion Research Chair in Learning Health Systems and IBH Chief Scientist) with a diverse team of leading experts in health services research and evidence-informed decision making, the Rapid-Improvement Support and Exchange (RISE) initiative aims to provide timely and evidence-based support to OHTs. By using a population health management approach, the RISE project team provides a wide range of supports for OHTs such as facilitating rapid learning and improvement through various learning and improvement collaboratives, delivering on timely activities and products such as briefs, sharing tools and resources through multimedia outlets including the RISE website and webinars. The RISE team is currently supporting Ontario’s COVID-19 response by preparing rapid evidence profiles and leading initiatives that support decision-making, including a guide to key COVID-19 evidence sources and an inventory of evidence syntheses. RISE is funded by a grant from the Ontario Ministry of Health to the McMaster Health Forum. For more information, please visit the RISE website.
- Understanding the Health of People in Mississauga Through DataHusain Fazal2023-05-17T13:53:59+00:00
- Building a Real-Time Health System COVID Collaborative Data and Analytics Hub in Ontariojulia@pineapplemedia.ca2023-05-16T18:51:28+00:00
- Medical Psychiatry Alliancejulia@pineapplemedia.ca2023-05-16T18:51:57+00:00
- Engaging the Community to Improve Family and Child Health and Wellnessjulia@pineapplemedia.ca2023-05-17T13:54:58+00:00
- How does a health system realize the benefits of a new health information email@example.comT18:53:25+00:00
- Evaluation of the Alternate Level of Care Leading Practices Tool-Kitjulia@pineapplemedia.ca2023-05-16T18:45:56+00:00
- Rapid-Improvement Support and Exchange (RISE) Initiativejulia@pineapplemedia.ca2023-05-16T18:49:16+00:00