Trillium Health Partners’ Institute for Better Health invites you to attend our third Hazel McCallion Annual Lecture in Shaping Healthier Communities.
The purpose of this annual lecture is to engage the community around the critical issues, challenges, and cutting edge developments in research and innovation in health care. This event brings locally, nationally and internationally acclaimed scientists, innovators, and community builders to inspire thinking and action to advance population health and learning health systems approaches that improve the quality, equity and experience of care from all perspectives. The title of this year’s event is Health Equity in the Learning Health System: Insights from the Pandemic to Inform Better Health.
This year’s event will be held virtually on November 28th from 5PM to 7PM and will feature keynote presentations from two renowned thought leaders in the area of health equity to provide both international and local perspectives; Dr. Lisa A. Cooper (James F. Fries Professor of Medicine and Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Equity in Health and Health Care, Johns Hopkins University Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Bloomberg School of Public Health) and Dr. Kathy Hogarth (Dean, Faculty of Social Work, Wilfred Laurier University).
The presentations will be followed by an interactive panel discussion with:
- Stephanie Joyce, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services & Health System Integration, THP;
- Dr. Sameena Uddin, Thoracic Surgeon and Physician Lead, Oncology Special Projects and Planning, THP;
- Lorraine Williams, Patient Representative and Nurse Navigator, Diagnostic Assessment Program, THP;
- Dr. Nakia Lee-Foon, Learning Health System Associate, IBH;
- and Keddone Dias, Executive Director, LAMP Community Health Centre.